A Round of Words in 80 Days is “the writing challenge that knows you have a life.” ROW80 is similar to NaNoWriMo (and the new-and-improved Camp NaNoWriMo), except that it spans nearly three months, you set your own goals, and it comes fully equipped with a built-in support system of fellow bloggers. My kind of challenge.
Over the past year I’ve struggled with balancing new motherhood, working full-time, commuting two hours a day, and maintaining a healthy relationship with my child and husband. And let’s not even talk about diet and exercise. I’ve been portioning myself out in smaller and smaller pieces, until there’s nothing left of the original me. I’ve officially become one percent everything, and one hundred percent nothing.
So, my intangible ROW80 goal is to reclaim my identity as a writer and get my head in the game one hundred percent. Here’s my game plan:
- Blog Sunday & Wednesday for ROW80. (Note to self: do not allot more than fifteen minutes to each post. This is a quick check-in, so you can get back to writing.)
- Encourage other ROWers on their blogs Monday and Thursday.
- Check in on twitter Tuesday and Friday.
- Finish my work-in-progress. This is kind of a lark, but I really want to give it wings. I would be happy to complete ACT II by the end of this round, but finishing the whole MS would be brilliant.
- Write ~3 scenes per week to make this work.
- Finish Life, Animated, Rules, and Anything But Typical
- Re-read The Owl Service
- Harlech Castle research
- Monthly Critiques
Every Sunday and Wednesday I’ll post the status of these goals. Up for the challenge, yourself? Sign-up, even if it’s past July 7, and let’s get started!